There are a myriad of detailed lists and round-up’s of where to donate and how to help, below are some of our favorite local outlets and the resources we’ve seen mentioned across the board:
- The South Seattle Emerald is always a great resource for local news and information, but their recent COVID-19 coverage and how it’s impacted our communities has been especially enlightening.
- Crosscut is another insightful local publication, and I appreciated their recent piece on how social distancing is impacting people living with addiction and mental illness, and the groups they depend on.
- One of my favorite daily newsletters is The Evergrey which has been putting together content that is informative, uplifting, and centering the experiences of marginalized communities.
How To Help
If you possess financial resources:
- Purchase gift cards or packages from your local wellness providers & studios.
- Order takeout and purchase gift cards from local restaurants (especially those in the ID). Use the Intentionalist’s Delivery Directory as a guide.
- Browse and shop from the Neighborhood Farmers Markets Shopper Sourcing Guide.
- Donate to:
- COVID-19 Response Fund
- Seattle Artists Relief Fund
- Seattle Hospitality Emergency Fund
- Rent Relief Fund For Undocumented People
- COVID-19 Relief Fund for WA Undocumented Folks
- Trans Women of Color Solidarity Network
- GLP SANI: sex-worker aid network initiative
- Or any of the other causes in this round-up.
If you possess other resources:
- Donate blood to Bloodworks NW.
- Check-in on your neighbors (especially if they are older) to coordinate picking up groceries or medications. You can also volunteer to drop-off groceries using this form.
- Donate unused safety equipment supplies.
- Sew masks as part of Providence’s 100 Million Mask Challenge or via local organization, Gathering Roots Wellness.
- Donate non-perishable foods & pantry staples to Musang’s Community Kitchen.
- Write Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews for your favorite restaurants, service providers, fitness studios, etc., to help boost their SEO.
Have something to add to this list? Send an email to email@example.com